It was hard getting out of bed today. The stress really takes it out of me.
Time to get some more kanji into my brain; ue, shita, ushiro, etc. I know the words and the positions pretty well but not the kanji and last night we were supposed to have had the second oral quiz so I studied for it intensely...
We ended up not having the quiz and sensei handed me a marker to write kanji. I just looked at him and said, out loud, sure, right...
So I went to the board and wrote ushiro, being honest about not knowing it because I worked on other things. Cracked the class up and sensei smiled. He made a comment about it not being on my hard drive and I quipped, it's not on ANY drive, then I mumbled about studying for the oral quiz instead.
I have no clue now when the quiz will be and right now I do not give a shit. We have started a new section and I am going to work on keeping up this time and worry about the oral quiz later. I desperately need to get those kanji settled in my brain.
I can only concentrate on one thing at a time for the class or it all gets muddled. Old brain, ya know. It likes to data dump when things are not being used too.
Another task is to get all the hiragana learned (like I did the katagana) before sensei gives them all to us. Of course, I cannot figure out any of those words although I can sound them out.
We are not doing anything for the holiday. Ren faire and caroling pretty much killed my desire to dress up for Halloween. I am going to wear regular clothes and if I feel like it, I will strap on my dragon wings for the office tomorrow and see if anyone notices.
Oh joy... my throat is feeling scratchy, just like rat's did before he caught the cold. Also feeling pressure and itchiness in my ears. Gonna go look for some time-release vit-C in the kitchen then head back to bed. Bet that's another reason why I am feeling drained.
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*